Buffing And Detailing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» 6 INCH 9000 RPM GRINDER
how to get started polishing aluminum and stainless EmptyTue Jul 28, 2015 7:16 pm by B5BIRD

» Surface feet per minute on aluminum.
how to get started polishing aluminum and stainless EmptyThu May 07, 2015 8:22 am by fuelman34

» Busch products in the UK
how to get started polishing aluminum and stainless EmptyTue Dec 23, 2014 1:37 am by scalefour

» Where can we find it??
how to get started polishing aluminum and stainless EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 5:09 pm by carvalhokauai

» black machined wheels
how to get started polishing aluminum and stainless EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 12:44 pm by crgtapout67

» Our website...
how to get started polishing aluminum and stainless EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 9:13 am by twisted1

» How to secure rotary buffer...
how to get started polishing aluminum and stainless EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 4:06 pm by twisted1

» aluminum radiator polishing
how to get started polishing aluminum and stainless EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 10:40 am by farmboy

» Mid-America Truck Show
how to get started polishing aluminum and stainless EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 8:25 pm by staabdii

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

how to get started polishing aluminum and stainless

3 posters

Go down

how to get started polishing aluminum and stainless Empty how to get started polishing aluminum and stainless

Post  staabdii Wed May 13, 2009 11:10 am

Hello, I have been doing automotive detailing for a few years. My father in law told me about the guys he brings in to polish the aluminum on his big rigs. What would be the best way to get started in polishing aluminum and stainless. I have looked at your kits but want to know what is best for me. Is there instructional dvd's, books or website for techniques. Any help would be great.

staabdii
Just Started
Just Started

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2009-05-12

Back to top Go down

how to get started polishing aluminum and stainless Empty Re: how to get started polishing aluminum and stainless

Post  duane Thu May 14, 2009 11:20 am

First off, you need the Dewalt #849 or an equivalent buffer that will go 1000-3000 rpm. The best kit would be the Aluminum and Stainless compound kit, which contains all the compounds needed for both aluminum and stainless, (6) 8" airway buffing pads, 2 flange kits to bolt the pads onto the buffer, and (2) rakes to clean the pads. Here is the link to that kit:

http://www.buschshineproducts.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=33_78&products_id=139&zenid=sgkchn95s51jq94lk7f98vtse7

run the Dewalt #849 buffer at 2500 for your aluminum and 3000 for the stainless. you can run up to 4000 rpm with the 8" pads for stainless steel, so if you own a buffer that will support that rpm, it would work even better.

we are working on a polishing DVD, so keep watch on the site for info on it. also, read what we have in the "buffing information" section in the site. It goes more in depth on the buffer rpms and what they should be for aluminum and stainless.

duane

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-10-07

Back to top Go down

how to get started polishing aluminum and stainless Empty Re: how to get started polishing aluminum and stainless

Post  staabdii Thu May 14, 2009 10:09 pm

Thanks for the input.I will check out all of the information on the site.

staabdii
Just Started
Just Started

Back to top Go down

how to get started polishing aluminum and stainless Empty about the flex shaft

Post  staabdii Thu May 14, 2009 10:11 pm

The flex shaft seems to be the ideal tool for doing wheels and smaller areas. Does that run off the dewalt dw849 or do I have to buy a seperate motor?

staabdii
Just Started
Just Started

Back to top Go down

Post  BuschShineProducts Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:13 pm

Yes it will run off a Dewalt 849 the med. duty is best on a Dewalt 849 and the light duty.
BuschShineProducts
BuschShineProducts

Number of posts : 37
Job/hobbies : Buffing, Talking, Teaching
Registration date : 2008-06-18

http://buschshineproducts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down