Buffing And Detailing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» 6 INCH 9000 RPM GRINDER
uncoated Mickey Thompson Classic II wheels EmptyTue Jul 28, 2015 7:16 pm by B5BIRD

» Surface feet per minute on aluminum.
uncoated Mickey Thompson Classic II wheels EmptyThu May 07, 2015 8:22 am by fuelman34

» Busch products in the UK
uncoated Mickey Thompson Classic II wheels EmptyTue Dec 23, 2014 1:37 am by scalefour

» Where can we find it??
uncoated Mickey Thompson Classic II wheels EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 5:09 pm by carvalhokauai

» black machined wheels
uncoated Mickey Thompson Classic II wheels EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 12:44 pm by crgtapout67

» Our website...
uncoated Mickey Thompson Classic II wheels EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 9:13 am by twisted1

» How to secure rotary buffer...
uncoated Mickey Thompson Classic II wheels EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 4:06 pm by twisted1

» aluminum radiator polishing
uncoated Mickey Thompson Classic II wheels EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 10:40 am by farmboy

» Mid-America Truck Show
uncoated Mickey Thompson Classic II wheels EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 8:25 pm by staabdii

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

uncoated Mickey Thompson Classic II wheels

2 posters

Go down

uncoated Mickey Thompson Classic II wheels Empty uncoated Mickey Thompson Classic II wheels

Post  wookie13 Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:52 am

I have a set of MT classic II wheels on my 02 F150. I hate having to clean/polish them all the time due to brake dust, road grime etc. When the wheels are polished they look great! When they are dirty and streaked w/ road grime etc. They look like crap!! I know my wheels are uncoated and I really hate having to spend an entire day on just my wheels. What can I do to keep them looking their best without spending a lot of time on them? I have heard that thermoquiet pads will prevent the brake dust but my wheels look like crap now and How do I get the oxidation and film off? I have tried the mothers powerball and it did NOT work at all. The only thing that I have found to work to get the crap off is some 0000 steel wool and some wd-40. This is what was recommedned by the MT website.

wookie13

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-08-29

Back to top Go down

uncoated Mickey Thompson Classic II wheels Empty polishing

Post  cingleguy Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:41 am

i polish mags for a living and when you have your wheel to the desired finish you must have the wheels clear coated to stop the oxidation and discolouring. We use busch's alunimum polish and mother's billet polish to finish..then the wheel must be cleaned with a degreaser and a paint thinner type solvent to ensure a clean surface. Most paint shops will clear coat these wheels at a reasonable cost and never let the tire place put the balance weights on the front lip..ask for stick on type weights for the inside barrel of the wheel. Normal washing when doing the vechile will keep your wheels shining

cingleguy

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-09-25

Back to top Go down